WPTavern looks for new writers: Tech-Evangelists and writers just engage

WPTavern looks for new writers: Tech-Evangelists and writers just engage

Write the next chapter of WP Tavern one of the leading-sites in WordPress-World:

see

Matt Mulenweg notes: First, I’d like to repeat my comment to Sarah:

Sarah, you are amazing. Your insightful writing and journalism has been a gift to the WordPress world, and shaped how the project has evolved for the better. It’s a key and major contribution to the community. Thank you, deeply, and I can’t wait to see what you do next. Ten years… wow!

I’m sorry I haven’t had the time to find a new writer for the Tavern in the time between when Sarah gave her notice a few weeks ago and now. There’s never a dull moment in tech and my priorities with WordPress core and Automattic ended up taking more time than I expected. Funding and supporting the Tavern to do independent WordPress journalism is an important part of the WP ecosystem—we need a site that covers our space without care for affiliate links.

If you have:

Impeccable integrity
Relentless curiosity
A blogger’s hustle
Passion for news and technology
Technical ability to tinker with WordPress, plugins, and themes
Please send an email to matt at my last name dot com, with [wptavern] at the beginning of the subject, and the following things in the email:

Why you think you’d be best in the world for this job.
Links to three things you’ve written that you feel represent your style well.
A link to your homepage and any social media you keep up with.
Link or attach a resume, but don’t worry too much about this, the first two are more important.
Your W.org username, and sign up for the Slack there so I can ping you.
And please send in the application by November 24th! We’ll take this week off but hopefully come back blazing after Thanksgiving. I’ll review everything over the weekend when I have some time off planned.

We’ll try out a number of folks on an hourly contract ($25/hr, same as Automattic) as a trial, and if that goes well we’ll aim to hire two full-time writers by the end of the year. A full-time offer also includes generous benefits including full coverage on health care and 6% 401k matching. You’ll be an employee of Audrey.

The job is to write frequently about the goings-on in the WordPress world and foster a healthy discussion and community here on the site. If you’re doing your job well, it should be reflected in traffic and comments on the site. You will set the tone and discussion in the WordPress community, and drive the narrative. Every post will be syndicated to every wp-admin in the world. You don’t have to start out a WordPress expert, but you’ll become one. You’ll have a ton of autonomy, so need to be self-driven and able to manage yourself. (You can ask previous writers how much I was in their hair.

Midjourney prompt: a stunning landscape scene with a tranquil atmosphere. The foreground showcases a calm, crystal-clear lake reflecting the serene blue sky above. On the horizon, a majestic mountain range rises, covered in lush, green vegetation. The central focus of the image is the sun, just starting to rise above the peaks, casting a warm, golden glow across the entire scene. Its rays create a mesmerizing play of light on the water’s surface, symbolizing hope, new beginnings, and the promise of a brighter future.

see the link:

Online-Statistiken

Zurzeit aktive Mitglieder
Zurzeit aktive Gäste
Besucher gesamt

Neueste Themen

Beliebte Forum-Themen

X
Keine passende Antwort gefunden?