Help Me choose the right 2080 TI for overclocking

Hello everyone,

I love pc and i find great joy on researching hardware and one of the best for me. So I have an overclocking for a long time now. never done it before because did not have a reason to, so you can say that only reason i am overclocking is just for the sake of it.
so i reached a part where i have to choose a gpu and i
choose the 2080 ti but even i have to choose the right 2080 between all the model and all the brands. GPU each have a different factory boost clock speed where you can find graphics card anywhere between the 15xxMHz to 1815MHz which can be overclocked to any GPU the speed that it can handle. which from what i understand the fastest GPU is the one that has the best cooling system since it can handle higher overclocking without getting overheate

my issue has been solved!!

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hi david77,

your right there are plenty of models out there. But a boost of clock doesn't give you extremly more performance, this is just shown in literally very GPU test. Actually your better of with a faster graphics card than with a oc model of the slower one. But your problem is the 2080ti is already one of the fastest cards at default clock you can get. In my opinion it doesn't really matter which model (from ASUS, MSI or what ever) card your buying because the oc models are a lot more expensive than the regular ones, the ratio between price and performance is like exponential (a bit more performance cost a fortune). If your interesst in getting every single Hz out of your GPU the only way is to switch your cooler from air to water, liquid nitrogen, compressed air, ... (but this is more up to professional overclockers). Besides not every chip reaches the same clock until it starts to fail of course this provides a strong cooling system, a high quality power supply with a constant voltage ratio but its also caused by the product quality of a single chip which is not constant over a batch.

My recommendation for you. Buy a 2080ti with a low noise level (at load) and maybe a zero fan mode at idle. The peak performance of this card over all models should be enough for nearly all applications.

Online-Statistiken

Zurzeit aktive Mitglieder
Zurzeit aktive Gäste
Besucher gesamt

Beliebte Forum-Themen

X
Keine passende Antwort gefunden?