Monitor Glitching out when launching a game

Hello everyone,

I have a prebuild pc that is now over 4 years old and the graphics card is now 2 years old. Yesterday i removed my 8GB RAM and swapped it with new 2x8GB RAM to upgrade my pc. After working around a problem where the first slot just didn't seem to work, I booted my pc and startet playing Apex Legends with my friends. immediately upon launching the game, it startet glitching and flickering. FPS and such worked all great it just looked like visual bug. So i close the game, updated my drivers, tried different games but nothing changed.
I went to sleep and when i turned on my pc, nothing came up on my screen. I tried some things and after a while it worked, but the glitching didn't stop when i launched a game. My GPU lights up, fans spin and runs smoothly if it wasn't for the glitching.

Edit: Update i tested around and when i only connect one monitor only then everything works fine. The glitches happen with 2 Monitors connected to the gpu

(My hypothesis is that something happened while installing the RAM coz my GPU is really chunky and it was quite hard to press the RAM pins and such on the one side)

I really need help since i won't be able to buy a new one (coz i would want to buy next or new gen stuff and that means a nearly full on new build. Also i just upgraded it and it would be a shame if that's why it died)

SPECS:

Motherboard:
MSI B150M Mortar

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 570 Series

CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 @2.70GHz

RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz (Slot A2 & B2)

PSU: Corsair CX500

Monitor(s): Generic 1080p 60Hz from Philips and Generic 1080p 60Hz from Samsung (actually a small tv, but used as cheap 2nd)

I really hope that i can get some help here since i don't find a good solution otherwise
Thanks in advance

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Hey,
first of all I don't know if you will get many answers here. This is actually a german forum, but I'll give it a try.

If you press the RAM too hard into the slots with too much pressure, the graphics card is not affected.

I would rather guess that either your monitor connector on your graphics card is defective or the monitor is defective.

What are the temperatures of the CPU and GPU ?

(oh yeah you are right i can speak germany tho if you prefer that)

Not much its around 50°C for gpu and 60-70°C for the cpu. i tried some stuff and like is said one monitor worked. didnt matter which one. while turned on i connected the second one and it worked. i didnt restart till then if it stays like this but its clearly some kind of bug

Have you otherwise completely uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers ?
It soungs pretty strange to me. I also think it has to be a software bug.

Yeah i might try that but right now i got everything installed and made it work through this weird way and upon restarting it doesnt reset to glitching so as long i dont need to do this "trick" regularly i will be fine. Thanks for the super fast help tho i really appreciated it

Online-Statistiken

Zurzeit aktive Mitglieder
Zurzeit aktive Gäste
Besucher gesamt

Neueste Themen

Beliebte Forum-Themen

X
Keine passende Antwort gefunden?