What property makes a USB-Stick "look like" an internal device (for the BIOS)88?

Is there a way to modify a USB-Stick to be recognized as an internal hard drive and listed as one in the BIOS?

(I know that there are special USB-sticks, that are listed under HDD in the BIOS-Boot-Menu, but I forgot what they are called or where to buy them.)

In short: I need a USB-Stick that is recognized as an internal Hard Drive by the BIOS. I didn't find them after months of Googling hours weekly.

Solutions that I *don't* want (and that Google spat out), are, for example:

* Blop Bootmanager – Disk or other "Boot-Helpers"
* Booting over LAN or other sources than the USB drive
* Changing anything in the BIOS
(because I can't change anything with the computer)

I want a solution that has to do with changing the hard- or software of a USB-Stick,
or what keyword(s) I need to search for if my only option is to buy such a device.

For better understanding, imagine a computer with

+ no possibility to plug devices other than external USB devices
+ a BIOS that accepts only internal drives

and now you want to have an USB-Stick that tells the BIOS that it is an internal device.

So the precise question is, what property makes the internal device, internal for the BIOS and what do I have to do to USB-Sticks that they have this property and the BIOS recognizes those Sticks as internal devices.

Hello,

on your question:

''So the precise question is, what property makes the internal device, internal for the BIOS and what do I have to do to USB-Sticks that they have this property and the BIOS recognizes those Sticks as internal devices.''

- the chipset of the computer has different controllers for the USB Ports and for SATA ones - and that is why they are being recognized as such.

As far as I know – there are some drivers, which, when installed - mask the USB Flash so that the Chipset recognizes it as a local drive. I don't know if such a program will help you in you case and I can't point such one.
You may try finding such a tool with some key words as ''turn usb'' ''into hard drive'' , ''make usb'' ''lokal disk'' – or something similar.

Liebe Grüße
Titania_WD

Online-Statistiken

Zurzeit aktive Mitglieder
Zurzeit aktive Gäste
Besucher gesamt

Neueste Themen

Beliebte Forum-Themen

X
Keine passende Antwort gefunden?